Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tatry Mountains 2010 part 1/3

I went to the the Tatry Mountains that devide Slovakia and Poland. These mountain are something different than the ones I was riding in the Harz. This stuff is BIG!
So I went for 9 days, riding all I could, and exploring as much as possible, this place is littered with trails, and some of them are simply breath taking - both in regards to the scenery, but also the technical and physical challenges the rider is subjected to. And I just had a blast, the weather was great, nothing of importance got wrecked on the bike, and I somehow came out without a crash - this was without comparison my best MTB trip yet, one that will stick with me forever. So whats the big deal? Well sit back and let me take you on a little walkthrough:

Where should one start, with breath taking scenes and trails like this, ill simply only scratch the very surface of what ive seen and ridden:
(click to enlarge..please do so)

Trails are plentifull, and the variation is big, its on the higher difficulity scale tho'. Dont bring a singlespeed here, and have a good cardio, expect trial and error, get rewarded with the time of your life on a bike.
(click to enlarge)


Trails in the mountains are actually not permitted to be ridden on a bike here, they are all hiking trails, for hikers only. That was not going to stop me. This is a picture off a trailhead, wich is guarded (!) by an forest-employee, to stop bikers like me from entering the trails. Btw, note the "Warning - Bears!" sign on the right.
(click to enlarge)


Expect some very hard trails, these trails are not for bikes, and this shows in every way, root and rock gardens that just goes on for miles. And I just suck it all in with a big smile : ) This is what I came for.
(click to enlarge)

..hell, some sections where not even ridable.
(click to enlarge)

..But most of it was. The Tatry Mountains boast some of the best trails ive ever ridden. The trails have an un-touched feeling to them, one that spawns some amazing trails. A perfect place for true AM riding. AM? FR? DH? You got it all here - as I will show you later.


Stay tuned for part 2.

2 comments:

  1. Hey bro! Fancy stumbling on to your blog!

    I really enjoy your posts. Your photos and articles are sick! :)

    I'm from the Philippines.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man, glad you like the blog : )

    ReplyDelete