Thursday, May 5, 2011

Gear update

Ive had alot of things going on right now with my gear. So I thought ill give you guys an update.

Finally got my Monarch RT3 back from service, the compression and rebound adjuster didnt work, so I had to send it in. Now I got it back and installed it onto the bike, and was happy to see the compression adjuster is working - however the rebound adjuster still didn't work! Man that sucks! I though SRAM would at least check the shock after servicing it. Apparently they dont. CanfieldBrothers.EU told me they where sorry (its not their fault), and that they would contact SRAM in order to get this right - once and for all.
(click to enlarge)

Got a new set of PointOneRacing Pedals under warranty. Im quite sure that PointOneRacing has continuous revisions, some of it is already evident, so im hoping for a longer lifespan for this set ; ) Check out the new raw finish. I have a weak spot for these pedals, so even tho I gave them a hard time in my review, I still gladly run them - they are that sweet (when working). I still havent got the longer pins, so im not installing them just yet.
(click to enlarge)

..What I do have installed are these flat pedals from SuperStar Components. The CNC Nano Tech pedals has got alot of very positive reviews, and I have to admit that they feel pretty good, sturdy, and are pretty thin. Lets see how they hold up. 450g btw.
(click to enlarge)

Its late spring, and the bikepark trips are queuing up. So check out the bikepark setup. Following changes are made compared to my normal AM setup:
-RockShox Boxxer R2C2 2011 up front.
-Vivid RC2 2011 in the back, coil set to 30% sag.
-Adjustable seatpost swapped with a normal one, with a lightweight saddle.
-Dual Ply tire up front. 2.3"  (Specialized Chunder SX)

-Pedal boots on my SIXC crank.

Im really looking forward to test this setup. I got a Dual Ply rear tire ready for installation as well, should the conditions require it.
(click to enlarge)
15.98 kg. Thats 35.16 lbs. Not bad.
(click to enlarge)

5 comments:

  1. Nice with that Boxxer.
    TF Tuned Boxxer is on my next to bye list. hope to race you somtimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, ill race you anytime : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. why a 2-ply on the front and in the back a single -ply?
    I use a 2-ply on the back because it is where must of my punctures occur and in the front a single-ply because for me it is not necessary a tyre with a lot of puncture protection and keep the weight on the front wheel down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice setup! Enjoy your bike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Regarding the single ply, well lets just say it didn't stay there long. I quickly changed the rear tire to a dual ply as well (Clutch SX). I use a dual ply up front because of the softer rubber compound (Chunder SX).


    @Garcia, thanks, im really happy with the setup.

    ReplyDelete