Thursday, August 18, 2016

TIREd data

Tires. Oh do I have a very special relationship with tires (and pedals). For some reason my tires always fail, and this summer has been particular fail-infested. So I decided to gather some data about the tires I have been using this summer, and summarize what went wrong, how it went wrong, and when.
Check it out;

Model: Schwalbe Magic Mary Evo 26" Tyre - Super Gravity 2.25"
Lifetime: 4 Hours
Type of Failure: Carcass rupture in a bikepark
Front/Rear: Front
Pressure: 1.8 bar
Notes: I had big expectations for this tire, to see it fail so quickly is frustrating. This is after all the Supergravity-version, and is supposed to be tough. Ughh, what a waste of money.




Model: Maxxis Minion DHR II 3C MaxxTerra 26x2,3
Lifetime: 5 Hours
Type of Failure: Carcass rupture in a bikepark
Front/Rear: Rear
Pressure: 2.0 bar
Notes: Not that surprised - allthough it has the EXO-Protection. Lightweight, and easy to kill. Funny it lasted longer than the DH Schwalbe tire.




Model: Schwalbe Nobby Nic Evolution 4Cross MTB Folding Tire 26x2.25"
Lifetime: 2 Hours
Type of Failure: Carcass rupture in a bikepark
Front/Rear: Rear
Pressure: 2.0 bar
Notes: Man did this tire die quickly, but I was asking for it; bringing a 632g tire to a bikepark is like bringing a knife to a gunfight.





Model: Michelin Wild Rock'R 2 Advanced Reinforced Tyre 26", 2.35" Magi-X Compound
Lifetime: 10+ Hours
Type of Failure: None yet!
Front/Rear: Front
Pressure: 1.7 bar
Notes: Still going strong, and I have not been gentle.


I actually have one more tire I could have added, but lets keep it sober ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment